OVERVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Skilled, accomplished Online Marketing Professional offering a unique blend of international experience in the areas of social media marketing, content writing, web design, and video production.
- Proven expertise in driving community interaction through social media marketing, blogs and video as well as online web content. Expertise in harnessing Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional internal as well as external entities to keep projects on track, within time and budget.
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail and the ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a solid understanding of the creative development and production process.
BEACH CAMERA, Edison, New Jersey 2012 – Present
Social Media Manager/Company Blogger
- Responsible for creating and managing a comprehensive social media plan that directly supports the objectives of the organization.
- Grew social media audience by 900% in two years
- Optimize new and existing website content for keywords and conversions, and contribute to development of SEO strategies, in collaboration with inter-departmental teams.
- Provide well-written copy on a variety of topics including photography, technology, law, and product reviews and proofread copy to be published on affiliate and partner websites
- Responsible for writing, publishing, and promoting posts on the company blogs for BuyDig.com and BeachCamera.com, with a readership of 10,000 per week. Developed two WordPress blog sites. Install, adapt and maintain themes, layouts, and plug-ins on the blogs.
- Provide reports on blog readership and develop strategies for customer outreach and develop a unique voice and community atmosphere for Buydig.com and BeachCamera.com.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (marketing, ticketing, development, etc.) to ensure the brand image is promoted appropriately through the website, social media and graphic design efforts.
- Maintain a presence in social media on Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Involved with coordination of sweepstakes, contests, and promotions across social media and partnered websites.
- Provide customer support via Facebook, with emphasis on maintaining positive reviews and interaction with irate customers for speedy resolution of problems.
BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, Velizy-Villacoublay, France 2004 – 2011
Web Editor (2005 – 2011)
- Successfully implemented multiple online contests while serving as the “face of the EU” web team on EU forums, forging stronger ties with the gaming community.
- Handled, designed, and executed ad campaigns worth over 100,000,000€
- Designed and edited the website that included timely coordination of news publications on a daily basis, besides creation of EU-specific news posts and site information in English, along with translation in six other languages.
- Designed marketing campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ and developed several major marketing campaign slogans for World of Warcraft in Europe.
- Scheduled sales/promotions and lead localization efforts for the European market
- Worked with customer service to resolve player bugs and issues.
- Designed and managed skill-based as well as lottery based online contests to promote in-game celebrations or milestones, new expansions and holidays such as Easter and Christmas.
- Assisted in porting the site to .xml and XSLT and tweaked CSS code frequently.
- Created an internal knowledge base of procedures and user guides for use within the web team and with other teams. Mentored new hires in web scripting.
Game Master (2004 – 2005)
- Interacted with the gaming community, gathered actionable player feedback and provided information updates on in-game questions, issues and reports from World of Warcraft players within the English-speaking European areas.
- Assisted the product managers in developing and testing games/new features.
- Provided in-game questions, issues, and reports from World of Warcraft players on the English-speaking European realms.
- Worked to restore lost in-game items to their proper owners/game characters.
Languages: HTML, CSS, PHP, XML
Design & Development: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver
Version Control: Microsoft SharePoint, TortoiseSVN
Office Automation Suite: MS Word, WordPress, Excel, Drupal, vBulletin, Scrivner
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Vocus
Project Management: Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall
Mississippi College, Clinton, Mississippi
- Bachelors of Arts, History; Minor in Classical Languages
- 2013: Twilight of Lanar’ya; Rooster & Pig Publishing
- 2014: Midnight of Lanar’ya; Rooster & Pig Publishing
- 2013: An Adventure in Space; Independently Published; Downloaded 100,000+ times
- 2014: Stolen Lives; Independently Published
- 2015: The Penitent; To Be Independently Published
- BuyDig Blog: http://www.buydig.com/blog/ — Features articles on a variety of technical, geek-chic, and home-making topics
- On the Board Walk with Beach Camera: http://www.beachcamera.com/blog/ — Features articles on photography and photographers
- The Watching Dead: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpNGZ5HefCpDmHSq1kFGknQ — Home-based fun and quirky reviews of The Walking Dead shot using my production studio. The videos are in full HD quality shot at 1920 x 1080 with post-production done through Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Amazon.com Author Profile: http://www.amazon.com/G.K.-Masterson/e/B007NR2MA4 — My author profile on Amazon.com showcasing my published novels